The IYANW Grant Program is funded by the generosity of IYANW members and friends. Funds are awarded to applicants to defray the cost of classes, workshops, IYNAUS certification, or attending a convention. Grants are awarded four times each year.
Application deadlines are: March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31.
- Send your application to arrive on or before the deadline and at least 30 days before the event. Please note that the last page of the application is a “Recommendation Form” that must be filled out by a certified Iyengar Yoga teacher with whom you have studied.
- Applicant must be an IYANW member in good standing.
- Applicant can only apply for future events. Awards will not be granted to cover the expenses of past workshops, certification assessments, or conventions.
- Applicant must provide confirmation to attend workshop, certification assessment or convention at least 30 days prior to the event.
- Applicant must submit the completed “Recommendation Form” that can be found at the end of the application form.
Guidelines for Selection
- Dedication to the practice of Iyengar Yoga
- Availability of funds. Awards will be granted up to $300
- Frequency of awards received. Recipients may not reapply within two years of receiving an award
- Scholarship Committee members are not eligible for grants
Process of Selection
- Selection will be by a blind process (the committee members will not know the names or locations of applicants).
- If multiple candidates are eligible, the recipient(s) will be chosen based on financial need.
- If you are selected, we will notify you by April 15 (if you applied by the March 31 deadline), July 15 (if you applied by the June 30 deadline) October 15 (if you applied by the September 30 deadline), or January 15 (if you applied by the December 31 deadline).
- If you are selected, we will send you the funds no later than 10 days before the event.
We happily accept donations to the IYANW grant fund. Your contribution—in your name or in honor of a fellow yogi—will help other members deepen their practice. Make checks out to IYANW and mail to 3304 SE Alder St, Portland, OR 97214.